Friday

~ Our new 'Little Home' ~

Today, I'd like to show you our new 'little home'. 
Not to confused with the trendy 'tiny houses'.
As many of you know, we are gearing up for retirement.
I have to smile because some of my dearest friends have confused our 'retirement' with us slowing down.
Nothing like that will be happening to us.
We have no intention of 'slowing down'.

Simply, we are changing gears. 
Entering a new season of our lives.

Our desire is to take blocks of time throughout the year, plan trips and have adventures in new places, and see new things; learn new things, hike new trails, walk new paths.
Fish new lakes, photograph new landscapes...
 The above picture is when the dealership was putting the new hitch, sway bar, etc. on our Yukon, and leveling the trailer.
This is not our first RV.
We've had several travel trailers in the past, and even a motorhome.
It's been a few years now since we've had a travel trailer though, and boy have things changed... for the better!
 Slide outs are awesome and sure increase the usable interior space. We have two slide outs. 
One is for the dining area, and the other is for the Master Bedroom wardrobe closets.
 Intentionally, we bought a travel trailer for a couple. We certainly didn't need nor want a bunkhouse, as it will be just the two of us traveling together.
We looked for a floor plan that had a separate large Master Bedroom. 
Although we have one large bedroom, the dining table will make into an extra bed, if we take our Grand with us :)
 It even has a heated mattress... what a comfy bonus!!
 Large flat screen, sound bar, blue tooth, and indoor speakers, as well as outdoor speakers, will make things very comfortable and enjoyable when we're on the road.

It's the first RV we've ever had that also has a microwave.. yay!
The bathroom is massive (for an RV) and has a double shower, though I neglected to get a picture of that for this posting.
The trailer has A/C and is WIFI ready and also is wired for solar panels.
It's the fanciest travel trailer that we've ever owned and we are humbled by this blessing and opportunity we have in this season of our lives.
We may end up living in our travel trailer for a bit, as we sell our home, and transition to a new home, so the fact that this travel trailer is very comfortably equipped will make that experience that much nicer and a smoother transition for us.
 Our travel trailer is made by Forest River, and it is a Rockwood Mini Lite model.
I think it's just 25 feet long and weighs under 5 thousand pounds. 
My sweet husband reports that it is very easy to tow.

14 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! That is what I need also to live in after I sell so I don't have to rush out and buy the first house I see so I have somewhere to live! LOL! How wonderful that you will be able to travel and have adventures together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kerin, I am so excited for you. You will have some exciting times. I think you will be happy with the size. Our motor home is 33 feet long with 3 slides. It was great when we first had it as we were traveling with another couple (you know, the saying trying to keep up with the Jones?) but I was truly more happy when we had our little 18 foot Chinook..It is beautiful and I am happy for you..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound like us. Hubby is going to retire in a couple of years. We are planning to buy our first camper and we plan on doing the same thing. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you! It's beautiful and I know there are going to be good times in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kerin~

    I love your trailer!! I love my trailer...all the comforts of home!! You will love, love having everything at your fingertips!! It's gorgeous!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your new little home. Sounds like lots of adventures in store for you. We've had a couple of travel trailers and a RV also and it sure is a great way to travel.
    Best wishes for save and fun travels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like fun adventures are in your future.
    Looking forward to seeing where you take us.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kerin, wow! I'm so excited for you and your husband. That is one beautiful trailer! I'm glad it is easy to tow and I know you will have many a wonderful adventures in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kerin, how exciting! I can imagine many wonderful memories will be created in your "new" home. Have fun, dear one! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Before my husband died, he spoke often of wanting to get a small trailer and drive around and see the country! How neat that you are getting the chance to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful!!
    I am so excited for this new chapter of your life.
    May you find and explore wonderful places where God is going to take you.

    Have a beautiful Sunday~

    ReplyDelete
  12. exciting and lovely room.
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What fun ahead. I hope you enjoy your retirement years as much as I have. I did slow down, but I'm so grateful to be able to stop and smell the roses.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh the adventures you will have! We are retiring next year and have similar plans. I'm really looking forward to travelling. I love your camper.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.
It means so much to me, that you've taken a few minutes in your day, to stop by and visit.
I love getting to know you, and having our "chats".
Have a wonderful day.