Thursday

~ Welcome Springtime ~ Today's top 10

 Spring is officially here, though the weather isn't cooperating, at all. 
We have clouds, rain, and wind with snow forecast for the mountains. 
I'm staying indoors and out of the cold and soggy weather today. 
The pictures in today's post are from a trip we took a few springtimes ago to St. George.  
The cacti were all in bloom and the colors of the blossoms simply amazing.
 Today I cleaned off the kitchen hutch, rearranged the dishes on the hutch. I also cleaned out the china cabinet, rearranging the dishes in there as well.
We've made tremendous progress in sorting and packing and downsizing. 
All in all, we painted two rooms, and installed wainscot in one room, a new light fixture in another room.

The kids have been here to sort through all of our
'get rid of' stuff and they have taken what they want.
Tuesday, my sweet husband took the day off of work and took me out to lunch and shopping. I was getting a bit of burnt out of dejunking and sorting etc. and needed a day away.

Today's Top 10 ~~
             Listening: to the rain
             Eating: a  piece of cranberry/white chocolate toast.
             Drinking: water with lemon and yep.. a diet coke!
            Wearing: pajamas...they are soft and cozy.
            Feeling: Happy and positive. This is going to be an epic summer!
            Weather: drizzly and cloudy.
            Wanting: A sunshine filled day with warmer temperatures.
            Needing: To get outside and work in the flower beds and borders.
           Thinking: About sweeping off the front porch and adding some fluffy pillows/decor.
            Enjoying: A warm and cozy fire.

7 comments:

  1. Your "Top Ten" put a smile on my face, it sounds perfect for a day where the weather isn't cooperating.
    Yesterday I had a burst of energy and went through the house doing a super clean, even gave Donatella a bath!
    We are to get wet snow for the next four days, oh well, whatcha gonna do! ;)
    It's a dreary day today and I'm eager to get out for our walk before any moisture arrives. Soon.

    Your cacti is gorgeous! With dad and mom going to Arizona for the winters over the past 20 years,I have come to appreciate the cacti and mountains in Arizona.
    When dad was alive, he mom and I would take many a drive through the dessert. Dad loved going on a drive, I think I get that from him, as he was always exploring.

    I'm so excited for you with the new life you are working towards!

    Enjoy your day~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerin, sounds like you are on the right track, so I think I will just sit back and live vicariously through you. I'm right on schedule with your #10..Happy Spring..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blooms on the cacti.
    That is some horse!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for getting so much done. Glad the kids took some of the stuff - nice to see it go to a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that horse!!!I need that in my front yard. :) I love your pictures I am so glad you got to go for a visit to some place else and get out of the house. April is almost here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always fun to revisit places through pictures.
    Decluttering can be a daunting job for sure.
    Getting out and about is a great way to break up things.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kerin, what an interesting horse sculpture! It looks as if it is covered with buttons but I can't imagine buttons that big! I love days where you can lounge in your pajamas and enjoy a warm cozy home!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.
It means so much to me, that you've taken a few minutes in your day, to stop by and visit.
I love getting to know you, and having our "chats".
Have a wonderful day.