Wednesday

~ Old and New ~

 It's hard to believe that this picture is about five years old. I took this picture of our front porch the first spring that we moved here to Mill Hill Meadow.
 The picture of the kitchen is new. I took this picture of the kitchen just the other day for our house listing pictures.
We have just listed our home for sale. 
 Our dream is to sell this house and buy a new house in St. George for when we retire.
 It was so much fun and so satisfying to add decor and personal touches to this home. 
I will miss the galvanized wainscot that we put in the laundry room. 
Every time I pass by this space, it puts a smile in my heart and on my lips.
That tin was OLD tin that we recycled from our youngest son's garage roof.
We used some old wood from an old bedstead and made a new wainscot wall in the laundry room.
 Before we listed our house for sale, we took a trip to California to see our eldest son, his wife and our Grand. 
We had such a wonderful time. 
Our sweet little Grand is our heartbeat! All of you grandparents know exactly how that works :)
 Golden Gate Bridge.
It was our first time to visit San Fransisco, the Golden Gate Bridge...
 Ghirardelli Square, and San Carlos.

















The city of San Fransisco has some absolutely crazy steep and winding roads. We even did the 'tourist thing' and drove down Lombard street.
 It wasn't our first time visiting Carmel~by~the~sea but was the first time that I had seen this gorgeous floral shop.
 We had lunch in Carmel~by~the~sea at a darling bakery and did a lot of window shopping. 
We even found a yard sale! Of course, it wasn't in a 'yard', but rather up two flights of stairs to a loft. 
I bought a Moda Fat Quarter set called Simplicity by 3 Sisters.
Absolutely darling fabric and patterns! I paid just fifteen dollars for it, and on Amazon, that same set of Moda fabric was around $120.00! 
Ha~ha.. they don't call me "Bargain Kerin" for nothin'!!
 So, here's to goodbye to the old house {hopefully} and hello to a new house.
We are not using a realtor this go round. We have certainly given our share of money to realtors throughout all the times we have bought and sold homes, and this time since it's the last go-round for us, we would like to save that money.

Thanks to everyone that has been so thoughtful and kind and encouraging!
Change is never easy for me. I'm working on being a patient person and turning my concern into a virtue of faith in our Heavenly Father and His timing.
I really desire to lean into my faith and lean on my Savior.
There are so many things that we cannot control.
Embracing the old adage: If you're going to pray, don't worry, and if you're going to worry, don't pray!" 

One more thing... I want to thank Kim of  My Field Of Dreams
for all the sweet hospitality that she and her husband have showered upon my husband and me. 
We've stopped by their house on our trips to see our kids and each time Kim and Ron have shown us such kindness. Thanks for the amazing citrus and for the delicious lunch! You are both truly kind people and we feel blessed to consider you our friends!
For everyone in Blogland...Kim is just as sweet and smart in person as she is on her blog! Stop by her blog and say 'hi'. 


10 comments:

  1. Kerin, I hope your pretty home sells as quickly as you want. It should. I love the pic of your kitchen/dining. Don't think I have ever seen it. So sunny and charming. I know all those sites from SF well. I lived there in the late 50's and worked for Western Greyhound Lines (probably aren't around any more). The Golden Gate hasn't changed, though that is probably the only thing that didn't! Jake and his girlfriend are moving there soon. She got accepted at USF so they will be there for a couple of years. Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation and did you take your sweet trailer or was that before you got it?..Happy Week to you my friend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your encouraging words and kindness Judy!
      Nope, we didn't take the trailer; it was a quick trip :)

      Delete
  2. Your home is beautiful and I bet someone will love all that you put into it.
    The trip sounds so fun and I know how wonderful seeing the grandkids is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on selling your home. It looks so pretty. We will be selling in a couple of years when Hubby retires.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was such a sweet and heartfelt posting, Kerin.
    Your photos of your trip are absolutely gorgeous!
    You have a lovely home and I'm sure you will be able to sell it on your own.
    Your laundry room is darling!

    This new chapter of your life sounds so wonderful and your attitude and faith is precious.
    God be with you ❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice blog post today. Well yesterday, I haven't been in or at home. Thank you so much for your kind words and it is such fun having you visit. I can't wait until you live a bit closer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kerin, it is hard to say goodbye to a home. It is fun to think about the next adventure in your life though - and all the decorating you will get to do! LOVE Carmel, CA. Blessings, Gina

    ReplyDelete
  7. hope your dream to buy a new house comes true...
    great shots...
    have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so agree with you, change is never easy.
    I hope your house sells fast and your new adventures
    begin soon.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hard to believe you've been there 5 years...I remember when you named your home/property! Congrats on receiving a contract so quickly. I wish you so much happiness in this next phase of your lives. Mildred

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.
It means so much to me, that you've taken a few minutes in your day, to stop by and visit.
I love getting to know you, and having our "chats".
Have a wonderful day.