Wednesday

~ Floating away ~

 Well maybe we don't have an ocean of water yet, but we have been getting a ton of rain here! 
 We took a drive down by the farm and there was so much water in the fields. The water has filled the culverts and irrigation ditches and overflowed onto some of the roads.
  Today, it is still raining. 
I'll take the rain over snow, any day though. 
Still, it feels as though if the rain continues, we're going to float away **grin**.
(normally, these are grazing fields and do not have standing water on them)
It seems that everyone has had a crazy weather winter. 
I am ready for spring! 
I have looked for signs of spring...daffodils or crocus starting to push through the soil, but so far, no signs yet.

I'm still working on downsizing, and packing things that we want to keep.
Keeping in mind that once we buy a new house, that home will more than likely be a much smaller home than we have currently, so I am thinking about that when choosing what to keep.
I am also on a self-imposed Pantry/Freezer challenge. We have two freezers, plus the freezer in our fridge, and I am trying to empty them by cooking from what we have and using our foodstuffs. 
Because we are empty nesters, it has been a challenge and I have had to use my creativity.
 One roast will feed us for several meals, though we don't want to have the same thing night after night.
Last night I made spaghetti squash with a southwest/taco topping. Because I have plenty of meat left, and tortillas etc. tonight I am making enchiladas.

Attitude of Gratitude:
~Grateful that our commuter car fired a warning shot before giving up the ghost, and that we were able to buy a new commuter car that is perfect for what we need.  
~Thankful that our kids still need us...every now and again  *smile**.
 * Helped with an oil change
 *Helped install a new toilet
 *Helped temporarily with a monetary concern.







6 comments:

  1. You have rain, we have snow. You're glad its rain and I'm glad its snow! :) BUT I'd like some nice sunny spring days about now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really has been a crazy winter all over. It sure is wet by you!
    Good job on the downsizing and freezer clean out. I should really do the freezer thing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerin, oh don't float away! I'll through you a lifeline..... xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it just keeps on raining. I love your pictures there too. You are always so busy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.
It means so much to me, that you've taken a few minutes in your day, to stop by and visit.
I love getting to know you, and having our "chats".
Have a wonderful day.