Friday

~ House People ~

 My husband and I have always been 'House People'.
We have renovated over 12 houses, and nearly every one of those houses was an old house. 
 We are still 'house people', therefore we spent a few days going to the St. George Parade of Homes.
We are preparing for our retirement move to that area and wanted to see new homes and builders that we may be interested in.
 Some of the trends in houses that we noted: Walk in double showers, and double shower heads. Also, a return to brass, more notably, antique brass fixtures.
 More of those brass touches. Nearly all the kitchens that we saw were simple white cupboards and the design highlights were displayed in the backsplashes.
 Another double walk-in and double shower head.
 Every home had a fireplace, though not many of the fireplaces were traditional, and most of the fireplaces were these linear styles, with glass,  or rock where traditional faux logs would be.
 Some gorgeous tile was used throughout the homes. I adore these tiles that have an old fashioned feel.
 This was an interesting tile.. tone on tone, but lots of different designs. 
The tile in this laundry room was hands down my favorite tile. I think it's really pretty tile, and I don't think I would ever get tired of it... I've always loved checked patterns.

So... did we find a house?
No.

We found inspiration, neighborhoods, and builders. 

We are currently working on editing our stuff... what we want to keep, what we want to move, etc.
 We have had beadboard and trim for the den stored in the garage, and this week we installed it in the den. Now, we have to paint the den, then we can check off that project.
There is an excitement about moving to into a new house and moving to a new city. 

 On to new adventures!!

Attitude of Gratitude:
Feeling so grateful, once again, for safe travels. We dodged two major snowstorms and visited St. George between those storms. 

Thankful for the talents that our Heavenly Father has blessed me with.



15 comments:

  1. Things are always changing in the building industry, aren't they?
    My husband does finish carpentry in these million dollar homes surrounding us and I'm amazed at the changes over the years.
    There are some amazing homes out there.
    I agree with you, that checked flooring was quite lovely.
    St. George, my parents liked that area when they would drive to Arizona, even though of retiring over there.
    I'm excited for you!

    Have a blessed day~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerin~

    Wow, I think it's so exciting to be moving to a wonderful place like St. George, so many wonderful people there! I would have such a hard time looking for, and trying to decide what to buy in a new home. Like you, all of our homes have been older homes that we have made our own with our own touches. I'm not a big fan of, new and modern, but I do love the clean, sleek look of new homes. They always add some of the older looks, like the brass and the tile...I love that! Good luck in your search, I'm sure you will find the perfect place! You are so blessed to have the talent you have, not everyone can put things together as beautifully as you can!!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow interesting style ideas. Cool tile too. I am glad you posted pictures. Really you got that done since you got back? I am impressed. You have been busy.
    I am glad you had such a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerin, I love looking at houses, but not so sure of some of the new ideas. Of course, I love old things, but I do love, love that black and white tile. I would go for that in a hot minute. You are getting alot done so you will be ready when the time comes..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kerin, I love looking at houses, but not so sure of some of the new ideas. Of course, I love old things, but I do love, love that black and white tile. I would go for that in a hot minute. You are getting alot done so you will be ready when the time comes..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kerin. I know I have already commented on your post above, but for some reason I have gotten my comments from you back in my email inbox, but everyone is coming in as a non-blogger reply, so I guess this is how it will be. I am tired of trying to figure out why this is always such a mess..Happy Thursday..xxoJudy

      Delete
  6. Kerin, oh I love both those tile floors! Especially the black and white one! I'm not a fan of that glass fireplace. I am more a rustic kind of girl. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! We are house people too and seem to be always working on something. I love the white kitchens. It'll be exciting to see what you fInd!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved your post and the new home ideas.
    You and your husband have “teamed up” perfectly in your
    expertise and creativity. Especially wonderful for “today”
    because you know what to look for,
    and are opened to ideas . . . new and old.
    I reallly like some of the tile looks . . . interesting about the brass.
    I have noticed brass moving into “the picture” again.
    My son does interior painting, staining, for a custom new construction builder. He will enjoy reading your blog, seeing the ideas.
    Scott and his wife have “teamed up” much like you and your husband
    purchasing older homes and making them come to life with new touches.
    I look forward to seeing what you decide for yourselves in St. George.
    ***
    love
    lynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your encouraging and kind comment, Lynne.
      I pasted it here for you. Hope you are able to figure out the fits that your computer is giving you :)
      ~K.

      Delete
  9. I must be honest here, I am glad it you that is making this big change and not me. :) I have no idea where we
    would start.
    Wishing you luck with all the changes and looking forward to your updates.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kerin, I saw your comment at Melinda's and thought I would pop over here. First, I LOVE polka dots and so I loved your blog at first sight:) My husband and I downsized a couple of years ago in preparation for retirement. It's an exciting time in life, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kerin, You are not seeing double!! I wrote an entirely different message to you but added it to the "reply" under my first message and it printed out the same old one. I tell you I am getting really tired with how this blogger is changing things. Is it just me? or it is something I am doing? What I wanted to say was, thank you for your visit. My comments from you and others are now coming back into my email inbox, BUT everyone is coming back as a no-reply blogger so I can't just answer you as a reply. It does say "post a comment" and when I check that it takes me right back to my own blog and since I don't believe most people come back to a blog post more than once,I will not leave my thanks you's there unless it is absolutely necessary! Happy Thursday my friend.. I am mad but I will still sign with xxo.Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. A long process with many decisions to be made but so worth it all in the end. We love our new house here in the woods.
    I too really like that tile in the laundry room.
    Every time I see those huge walk in showers I think how I would HATE to clean it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so happy for you . . . planing your retirement home will be so much fun. So much to choose from now days!
    I also want to thank you for your prayers.
    We are both very grateful and appreciative.
    God bless you and your family.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.
It means so much to me, that you've taken a few minutes in your day, to stop by and visit.
I love getting to know you, and having our "chats".
Have a wonderful day.