Thursday

~ The List ~

The List is something we use in our home to stay organized and accomplish our household goals.
But first... a few more fun pictures from Gardner Village.
 The Old Water Mill. 
Inside the building is a darling furniture and accessories store.
 Witches playing baseball...
 Cute covered bridge.
 Here at home, we worked on The List. 
Garden Charlie got a mini make~over, with a cheery new neckerchief. 
 I've had this old wooden ladder for many years, and I've been wanting to use it as a display but I also wanted to deepen the finish. I finally took it out of the garden shed and stained it.
Also on The List, cleaning and staining and sealing old gourds that had been stored in our garden shed.


 Giving the garage door a make~over was also on The List.
We taped off what would become the faux windows.
 After two coats of charcoal chalk paint, we taped the carriage door hardware to the garage to determine placement.
We both liked the placement of the hardware that is on the right side of the garage vs. the left side, so that is what we went with.
 Finished project. Cross that one off The List!
Also, the driveway is painted, the garage floor is painted and as you will see in the next picture, the porch stairs and porch floor are painted as well.
 Getting projects crossed off The List becomes very important at this time of year. 
 So many things that need to get done before the cold sets in. We race the weather, the snow, and the freezing temperatures.
 After a long week and weekend of work, we were treated to a beautiful moon rise.
Another thing I've been wanting to get done is to change out some of the dinnerware that I display on the hutch.
 I wanted to display that cute pumpkin Fall dinnerware.

There are still a number of things on The List, but working together and having things written down I have no doubt that in time we will accomplish our goals.
Last night, my sweet husband put 'Stabil' in all of the gas motors to winterize them. If that isn't done, then in the spring the motors won't run. 
A few more things to do on the list 
 ~ Ready wood in the wood stove 
~Empty hanging pots; store

For those that live where the winters freeze, I'm sure that you have a list too. Things that you need to get done before the weather turns. 
Wishing all good luck on accomplishing the things on their lists.

Do you make a list for winter preparations?

~Attitude of Gratitude.
Thankful for a few last zinnias to fill a vase. The rest of the zinnias froze.
~Thankful for the last harvest of butternut squash.

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun place , I need to backtrack to
    your previous post to see everything.
    We live by lists here, they don't always get finished
    as quickly as we'd like but that is the way it goes sometimes.
    Enjoy the change in seasons.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerin, I wouldn't want to play baseball with those witches!!!
    How smart to make faux windows on the garage door. Very clever!
    Love your front porch and scarecrow. I am a big fan of gourds! ♥

    And, of course, love your pumpkin dishes. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing like crossing OFF on a to-do-list!
    Your place looks charming, and what a wonderful idea to do with your old ladder. I have one of those that was my dads and I've wanted to refinish it a bit and use it for my quilts. Some day...
    That covered bridge is darling, so festive.
    Your hutch looks beautiful with your Fall dishware.

    Bless you ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our neighbor did a faux window on their garage door too, but didn't add the hardware. I love how it looks! You've done well with the list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kerin, what a great project. That garage door looks like it has real windows. Perfect. You are doing well with your list and that moon shot is gorgeous..Happy Fall..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing faux garage door look . . .
    We do lists around here too . . .
    And when I really need Mister Irish to pay attention “to MY list” . . .
    I write out a special TO DO list something like this . . .
    - replace faucet
    - install new toilet seat
    - bring two wheel cart to the front door
    - remove greens to the woods
    That is for today . . . (on his birthday too!)
    I get his attention when I write a SPECIAL LIST just for him!

    Love, love your Gardner Village photos!
    Happy Fall Days Kerin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your garage door! How very cute. I love that hardware. You have been busy but everything looks so lovely. I love that you have a brick house.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea to paint windows in your garage door. It turned out fabulous.
    Yes, we have a list of things but it is not just for winter. There are 42 items on our list!!! Most of it is all outside work around Happy Trails.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.
It means so much to me, that you've taken a few minutes in your day, to stop by and visit.
I love getting to know you, and having our "chats".
Have a wonderful day.