Wednesday

Hours

 Spending the hours in my day soaking up the last of the warm weather and sunshiney days.
 Enjoying our mountain views...

 Summer flowers in the garden...
 Orange flowers are a bright spot and heralding some good things about Fall ~ including Fall color schemes.
 The second time around for Chilies. 
The market that inadvertently gave us HOT chilies, replaced them with mild chilies. 
My sweet husband roasted them himself this time. 
Propane torch and fire bowl = the perfect way to roast chilies. Just a few hours worth of work and the freezer is stocked up with roasted chilies.
  A few hours driving around our sweet countryside and taking pictures. 
Going for a drive is one of our favorite things to do.
Above is a section of an old, old, Pea factory. 
My grandmother worked there as a teenager. 
She was born in 1909, so you know this place is quite old. 
   As long as I've seen this old building it's been boarded up.
I like to imagine how it must have been when it was in use.
 The beautiful Manti temple. 
We recently finished serving a mission at the temple. 
We were the coordinators of the baptistry.


One of my favorite old barns.

We live in the country.
Sometimes to kill a few hours, we take a ride around and enjoy the scenery. 
As the weather turns to winter,  the roads will get worse and make it hard to get out for a few hours and take a ride. 
So for now, I'm enjoying these hours.

How I've spent a few hours this week:
 ~Canning sweet and sour sauce.
~Freezing browned and seasoned hamburger.
~Watering and deadheading late summer flowers.
~ Adding some Fall decor to the front porch and all around the house.
~Shampooing carpets as we are getting a delivery of new recliners this week.

Attitude of Gratitude:
 ~ I'm so thankful that I noticed that the water heater is leaking. We bought a new water heater and we'll get it put in this week. So thankful that it's still nice weather and that we didn't have a major problem because of the water heater conking out.
~Grateful for cool mornings!
 I feel so energized and motivated with the mornings being nice and cool.
It may just be a few hours of coolness, but I love it and it sure sets the tone for a productive and happy day!

Bring Back: Family dinner time

Homespun philosophy: Through stormy weather, we'll all stick together

11 comments:

  1. Such a pretty scene and pretty flowers. We like going for rides too though we haven't for a while. Sounds like a good way to roast chilis.
    We haven't seen the sun in days. Sure would be nice. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing your pictures of the pea factory, old barn, flowers, fall touches.
    Such a beautiful time of the year.
    How fortunate we can enjoy the seasons and changes . . .
    Each season brings its own unique joys.
    Happy days and car rides kerin. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerin, you have the most beautiful mountain views. Love the colorful zinnias in your garden. They make the prettiest arrangements. Wouldn't you love to have some of that old wood off that building. It is a great memory and piece of history for you..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerin, oh those chilis look good! All your prep work (hamburger, sauces, etc) will pay off wonderfully when you need them. Your mountain view and flowers are so beautiful. I don't think I'd ever go inside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gonna get my carpet cleaned also! Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good evening, my friend! Oh, your flowers are so pretty! And your mountain views are stunning.

    We love chilies and I love your way of roasting them - such a clever and tasty way.

    Hugs to you, dear one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty where you live. Your flowers are just gorgeous. The chilies look great too. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kerin~

    I just love your positive outlook on life!

    What a beautiful view...no wonder you are positive! I love to take rides as well, there is always so much to look at and ponder on. Old building just fascinate me! If only walls could talk. I love the Manti Temple! I would love to hear what those walls would have to say...just imagine! It's beautiful!

    We are enjoying some cooler days as well. I love this time of year, so I'm trying to soak it all in before it's gone!!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures!
    We love going for drives. They are
    a great way to slow down and enjoy the
    scenery.

    Fall will be here soon, looking forward to seeing if our trees here in the Midwest will be pretty. Rain was not in abundance this summer.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post. I love your photos. Just so you know I found Clear Jel at Amazon and ordered some. I hope it gets here before Jack Frost takes my tomatoes away. It's starting to get very cold here at night :) Today we are pickling jalapenos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a relaxing post, thank YOU!
    Your countryside is so pretty, and those flowers in your garden, just lovely.

    What a smart way to roast your chilies!
    You have been busy preparing, good for you.
    This next week I will clean up the flowers in my window boxes and put all the out door things away. Once september is over october is not the time you want to be doing that, and I will be going away to visit with my mother, so I do not care to come home to the work of it all. Our Fall is going quickly.

    It's always a joy to visit with you ♡

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.
It means so much to me, that you've taken a few minutes in your day, to stop by and visit.
I love getting to know you, and having our "chats".
Have a wonderful day.