Monday

Harvest Homestead

Natural hot springs... we ride up to the hot springs, dip our feet in and enjoy the view of the valley as the sun rises.
Dried yarrow. 
Over the summer, I harvested our yarrow, dried it, and stored it in jars.
 I made a batch of yarrow balm and added essential cedar oil, and it is a really lovely balm for tired, dry hands and feet. 

My little Garden Cottage.
This picture is from the summertime, obviously, but I wanted to share my little Garden Cottage with you.
My sweet husband ordered it and had it built for me, then he customized it further by adding the sweet little pergola onto the front, and placing the old, shot-up galvanized cupola on the top. I've been packing that old cupola around for years!
Years ago, I saw it lying in a field and fell in love with it. My sweet husband tracked down the owner of the field, after many months, and was able to secure that old piece of cupola good junk for me!


 Where I store all my gardening treasures.... pots, soil, tools, etc.

 
And a final thought of encouragement:



7 comments:

  1. I bet that yarrow balm is wonderful!!
    Love your little garden cottage - so cute.
    A great quote of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice blog!! I love seeing your homestead. Its all so pretty. I love that pretty yarrow.
    So nice to see a blog from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerin, that looks like a heavenly spot to dip your toes into. What a sweet and thoughtful hubby and gift. It looks so cute and it must have been so wonderful to be able to find that cupola and then to get it..Happy Monday my friend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your garden cottage! It is so cute, and that cupola is just perfect.
    I never knew you could use yarrow to make balm. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kerin. Your little garden cottage is wonderful. So cute and that must be amazing to dip your toes in the warm water as the sun comes up..Happy Thursday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Garden Cottage is adorable! And a great use for the cupola. Those hot springs sound so relaxing. That view would certainly add to the whole experience!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kerin! I am so glad I found your blog again. I read your blog for years, then lost track of you. Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting so we can reconnect. You garden cottage is great. I am wondering just where that hot springs is. So fun to find your blog again. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.
It means so much to me, that you've taken a few minutes in your day, to stop by and visit.
I love getting to know you, and having our "chats".
Have a wonderful day.