Friday

Hello



                                      Sandhill Cranes

One of our favorite things to do is to drive around in our little valley and find the Sandhill cranes. There are hundreds of Sandhill cranes in our valley, and as it is my favorite bird, it's a treat to have so many living in this area. On this day, we found them in a recently cut cornfield. There were close to a hundred in this one field.

 I wish I had a clever line to begin this post with, however, there isn't any single sentence that can let you know why I've been lackadaisical about posting. 

Other than being busy, living life and days that go by in a blink. 

                                                    Our Mountain 

We have enjoyed going to rides just a mile or so from home to our mountains. We feel so blessed to live in this gorgeous area and have such beauty in our 'own backyard'. For conference in October, we drove up the mountain and listened to The Church of Jesus Christ semi~annual conference session on the mountain while enjoying breathtaking beauty. It was a special day, for certain.

Fresh Eggs
We bought six baby chicks in May and are finally getting fresh eggs again.
It has been a few years since we last had chicken, but we are sure enjoying these fluffy butt girls,, and they are the best bug eaters, and compost turners!
            My latest project..... thrifted buffet, thrifted artwork, thrifted mirror, books, etc.
All summer long, we enjoyed yard sales, going to the thrift stores, etc. 
It's always fun to find a 'treasure' and unique finds. 


Another birthday was celebrated.
Our youngest son and his sweet wife celebrated my birthday with us in October.
 Our sweet daughter in love made me this chocolate cake that was beautiful and tasted amazing. 
She is so talented at baking cakes and decorating cakes. 
She is our designated cake baker!
Going on rides up in our canyons and enjoying this beautiful area that we live in.
We recently bought us a side-by-side UTV, so that we can spend more time going on rides around our valley and in our canyons. It had been a joy to hop into the side by side and go exploring!

                                         Our Sweet Grands

  The last time I posted, I'm not sure that Bela had been born yet.......
She was born on June 2,2020. 
For a little while this past spring, Bela, Liam, and our Daughter in love, lived with us while our son was deployed.
 We got to watch them grow, watch Bela begin to walk and spend amazing and precious time with our Grands. 

We enjoyed having our Daughter in love and Grands with us for a few months. 

Boy, are those little Grands ever-busy bees!! I will tell you that I am glad that our family is raised... as I do not have the energy that is required to chase after little kids all day....lol!
 God in his infinite wisdom gives the children to the young!

            A happy mural painted on an old shed, that is not too far from us.
                                       My hope is to post more often. I have missed you all. 

Heart Smiles :
Being retired!



7 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time.
    Kids make everything fun.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerin~

    It really made me smile to see a post from you!! I have missed seeing your gorgeous landscape and all the fun things you find while thrifting! Your grands are adorable, and I totally understand what you mean about having children when you are young ;0) We have a few Sandhill cranes in here in East Idaho, but it's been a few years since I've seen more than 5 or 6 in one bunch...they are beautiful, and I love to hear them in the evening.

    So good to know that you are still loving life and, "making your own sunshine"!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I was so happy to see you left a comment on my blog. I had thought you quit blogging and am so happy to see you posting again.
    Your pictures are beautiful and that cake is fantastic!!!
    Your grands are adorable and I thank your son for his Service!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous view of those mountains. You live in a beautiful area. Cure grand kids! And, happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back!!!!
    Your photos are beautiful as always.
    And those grandkids are so cute. I'm sure you enjoyed that time together and made lots of memories.
    The cake looks so professional, and yummy too.
    That mural is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your grands are so adorable, and so glad to see you posting again. Beautiful pictures of the mountains -- what a treat for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kerin, it is good to catch up with you. Those cranes must have been a beautiful sight, the photo is stunning. Happy Belated Birthday and Happy Thanksgiving..Our kids are coming here so lots to do..Happy Sunday my friend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.
It means so much to me, that you've taken a few minutes in your day, to stop by and visit.
I love getting to know you, and having our "chats".
Have a wonderful day.