Tuesday

~ All around the Cottage ~

 All around the cottage, I'm accomplishing a great deal. 
Since we moved here 10 months ago, to the date, I had this old cabinet in a rather large closet. 
It stored craft items, candles, etc.
Whilst it was wonderful for storage,in the closet, I missed having it where I could see it and enjoy it each day.
Therefore, I moved it into our entry way.
I have styled it this week, and I'll show pictures of that next time.


 We've had some phenomenal cloud formations. How lovely it is to sit on the front porch and enjoy the clouds moving across the mountains. 
Though, because of the winds and storms, sadly the viewing of the 'jumpers' is non~ existent at the present time.
{They'll be back soon, I'm sure.}

 Previously, we had a 2~car garage. Now we have a 4~car garage.
A double garage door, and a single on the front of the house, and a single on the side of the house.
To make things look nice, we opted for 3 planters, instead of 2 along the front.
 One placed at each end of the garages, and one placed in the middle.
 Our local Home Depot only had one planter that we loved, so we compromised and bought three planters that were all the same, and then I painted them a solid matte black.
 I've now planted up all the planters. I don't know about where you all are, but around here, annuals have been a bit hard to come by; at least a large variety of plants.
 We have transplanted three red twig dogwood shrubs to the east side of our yard. Previously the dogwoods were in a shady spot and up against a fence.
I do hope that they come out of their transplant shock and thrive in their new spot.
Red twig dogwoods need sun and they need to be able to stretch and grow. 
 Mother's day was wonderful, and I feel so completely loved and blessed!
Our kids made it so special for me and my husband pampered me thoroughly.
He did all the chef and top bottle washer duties and took me for a lovely ride around our country~side. 
Look at that amazing silo! I've never seen a silo that shape before!
 This cute silo has been transformed into a nice picnic, and sitting area. 
We'll have to be certain to go back by, and see the progress. 
So cute!
The above picture is an inspiration picture that I found on Pinterest. 
My sweet husband bought me a garden shed for Mother's day.
It is being custom built and hopefully delivered in within the next six weeks.
I am so thrilled!! 
It will be all white, with a white roof, and then once it is delivered and set up, my sweet husband will build a pergola on one side for me. 
He also bought me a small greenhouse {weeks ago} and that greenhouse will be set up near my new garden shed.

~This week:
> Planting, planting and more planting is going on.
Annuals and perennials both. I have tried to get my hands on some old favorite perennials but am finding that the selections in our area are pretty picked over and slim.
 Once the greenhouse is up, I shall start my own seeds and grow my own annuals and perennials.

> Painting. I've been painting the last two kitchen chairs. Of course with each day being full on windy, the chairs are sitting on the patio with a primer coat on waiting for the final coat of paint.
I painted our kitchen table and chairs and will show the before and afters soon.

> Pulling weeds and digging grass out of our borders. I do enjoy working in the yard, so much, but have learned a lesson this week... I must wear shoes. I literally have sun burned bottoms of my feet! 
Live and learn.

9 comments:

  1. Oooh - you have been busy!
    I love that cupboard and can't wait to see what you did with it.
    The clouds are amazing! You are so lucky to be able to watch them come over the mountains.
    Glad you had such a nice Mothers Day. That shed will be so nice.
    Ouch - on the feet!
    I was thinking of you today. I made mashed potatoes for supper and was remember how you said you mashed baked potatoes. Do you peel them, or mash them with the peels? Do you add anything - like butter or milk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure have been busy!!
    Love the cabinet and look forward to seeing what you do with it.
    Too early to plant annuals here yet - have to wait till June.
    Oh wow a garden shed for you, very cool. With your talents it will be awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything you've done and excited to see all the things you've got coming in the future. The Pinterest photo is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such an inspiration! I love your cupboard and your landscaping and you got a greenhouse AND a garden shed AND a pergola? You won the lottery girlfriend! I have not been able to get any plants at all so you are lucky! I have seeds though and I am still planting! I too love watching clouds and those were beautiful! So glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day! I doubt if anyone could beat you on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love the cabinet. Can't wait to see
    what you do with it!

    Nice present for Mother's Day. FUN!

    Have a great day.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kerin. You are really ambitious and I love all that you are doing. You are going to have a beautiful site when summer is here. I can't wait to see the greenhouse. How sweet to have a small place to call your own..Take care and stay well..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kerin~

    Wow - you are sooo busy! I'm so happy that you are loving your new place, it's beautiful! You always inspire me so much with your painting and...doing! I just love that you paint and refresh things, you are such an inspiration to me! A garden shed! What a wonderful gift, and what a fun project for your garden! I can't wait for you to share photos with us! Your photos are always so pretty. I've just gone back through what I missed and man, you are so blessed to live where you do, it's just beautiful!! I hope the bottom of your feet healed...it made me grin because I hate shoes and do most things with bare feet!

    Loved all the inspiration! Stay safe, keep sharing and inspiring!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love your projects and pictures. They are so calming!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.
It means so much to me, that you've taken a few minutes in your day, to stop by and visit.
I love getting to know you, and having our "chats".
Have a wonderful day.