Monday

- Buds-

 Spring is such a magical season.
Heart smiles when one looks and sees the gardens coming to life, and plants beginning to bud out.
  Nearly all our of plants this spring are new.
 We moved into this home late last summer, and planted as many things as we could.
 We made new borders etc.
The above picture is of a weeping crab-apple. White blossoms, though they really are more of a pale, pale pink. 
  The lilac (3) bushes were so over grown with weeds, we didn't even know they were here for the first few weeks.

 
 Teeny tiny buds on the bleeding hearts.
We have two planted, but so far only one has teeny flower buds on it.

 A few alliums beginning to blossom.

One of the biggest surprises to me, are the various conifers that we planted. 
 Before living here, I had never, ever planted any type of conifer before. 
 Seems like these days, I can't get enough of conifers. 
Go figure.
The 'wonky' pine (I always refer to non typically shaped pines, as wonky) has the most interesting rosy pink buds...I'm guessing that the buds will develop into pine cones?
 Above: The first wisteria we've ever planted, coming to life and leaves beginning to bud out.
We will build a nice trellis for the wisteria.
 Butterfly bushes are showing signs of spring~life.
 Oh! I do hope that this picture is able to show the two~tone coloring to this pine trees needles! 
They are green and aqua! So incredibly beautiful and interesting.
 Seems that we have both been fretting over this pine tree in particular, as we had never seen a pine tree like it. 
Until that is, we bought it and planted it. 
New buds are a most welcome sight!

Another 'wonky' pine, and YIPEE, there is new growth on this tree as well.

I found a organic fertilizer especially for pines and I'm not certain if that was what helped the pines take off all of sudden, or is it the warming temperatures?

This past weekend, we transplanted a mulberry tree from a friends yard to our back yard. It really is more of a twig right now, but we have high hopes for it to produce volumes of delicious mulberries. 
The mulberry tree is a first for us, as well, and the one thing we are looking forward to making is mulberry syrup.
 I wonder...can mulberries be dried with any success??

My list:
 ~Transplanting 3 dogwoods.
~Removing more 'landscape' gravel and making room for a wildflower border.
~Work on getting my sweet husbands office painted, and decorated.
~ Bake bread this week...probably make my old standby recipe, or perhaps no~knead bread.
~ Menu plan..including a picnic dinner or Hobo dinner for Friday's fishing trip.

9 comments:

  1. I love spring-time buds and new growth. It's my favorite time of year. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerin. Your plants are looking so great. What fun to see them all taking hold. The colors on the one pine are beautiful and I can see them clearly. Looks like a beautiful summer for you and your garden..Take care and stay safe..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a nice assortment of plants. Things will sure be looking beautiful soon.
    I planted some wisteria last year that a friend gave me. Mine haven't budded quite yet but it did quite well last year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring is my favorite - it's such a happy time! I love your photos. Everything is beautiful, and I see the colors on the pine.
    Wonky is a good word. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its lovely. I love all of the pictures and everything is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is blooming here too, but it seems winter does not want to leave because it is cold again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could that be a blue spruce that has the blue and green needles? I love all your plants that you put in....what a lovely spring to look forward to! Get that trellis up for the Wisteria as they grow fast! LOL! They are very hard to gt rid of so I hope you like where you planted it! LOL! Stay well! Your list sounds wonderful especially the fishing trip and picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love seeing your plants. My favorites are lilacs and it does make me sad that I won't be able to get up to Connecticut and see lilac bushes. Not much close by and the cut ones for sale around here don't have much scent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been a busy bee in your yard.
    Everything looks lovely. Have fun.

    Enjoy your Monday.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.
It means so much to me, that you've taken a few minutes in your day, to stop by and visit.
I love getting to know you, and having our "chats".
Have a wonderful day.