Monday

~ One Day at a Time ~

 Hello, sweet friends.
I think it's time for an update.
The past weeks have been a whirlwind, as I'm sure you can imagine.
Each day, and several times a day, I tell myself, 'One day at a time', 'You're never too old', and ' It's never too late'.
 These are the phrases, mantra's if you will, that have helped move me forward. 
We've been so incredibly blessed!

We had about 2 weeks after we closed on our old house before we could move into our new house. 
We were able to reserve 3 nights at a state park, and felt so thankful for that, even though we were pretty worried about where we were going to stay the rest of the time.
When we got to the state park, we asked the camp host if by any chance they had a cancellation, would they please let us know so that we could stay longer.

The camp host told us that in fact, they had space for us!
And the spot was available for exactly the remaining amount of days that we needed!


 I was so relieved and we felt so blessed! Here it was, the weekend leading up to the 4th of July, with most every camp spot already reserved, and yet they miraculously had one full hook up site left. 
With the incredible heat, having our dog Rowdy with us, and being pretty tired from moving, you can imagine what a blessing it was to us to have a place that we could stay and relax and catch our breath.

Another blessing...we were able to move into our new home a day earlier than what we had planned. 

So, of course, we have boxes stacked everywhere, and we need to figure out where everything goes now. 
It's always that way after a move because no two houses are exact..*smile**.

We are NOT in St. George either. 
I know. 
That has been the plan for over 2 years.
But, Heavenly Father has different plans for us.
We moved to a smaller town... under 3000 residents. 
We were going to downsize. 
Nope.
We ended up buying a bigger house, and more property as well.

I will tell you that every single turn, and every door, and every path led us to this place, and this house. 
No doubt about it.

This move has been all-around a blessing.
Not that it has been easy.
We have had incredible support and help and we could not have accomplished this move without the help of our children and sweet friends. 

From the storage units, we caravaned to the new house... One giant Uhaul, one pickup truck and trailer packed to the brim, our Yukon packed to the brim, and additionally 4 more vehicles packed to the brim.

We have been 'home' now for one week. 
It feels more and more like home with each passing day.
As I get things put together, I will share pictures. 

Wishing you all a wonderful new week.


15 comments:

  1. I hope everything goes well moving in, and how exciting! Blessings for a smooth "unpacking"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to receive this update and although I am surprised, I am so very happy for you! Sometimes our plans are not His plans and I know you will be very content in your new place. Our former home sold about a week ago and it relieved a lot of stress. Take your time unpacking and just enjoy for a while. (especially while it is so hot) Thanks for letting me know your GA friends are happy. That is good news! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like God had it all planned out for you. :) He's good at that.
    It is exciting moving into a new house. We've been in our new house for 11 months already!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kerin, I was wondering how everything was going. It really sounds like it has been a whirlwind time. I can't wait to see and hear about your new home. Even though it wasn't what you started out to have, it must be meant to be..Take care, xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your visit, Kerin. I am so happy that you are dealing with the fun stuff and I bet it is looking lovely. Keep in touch..xxoJudy

      Delete
    2. Kerin, thanks for another sweet visit. I know you are a big fan of sunflowers and wouldn't it be nice if just a little of this heat could be saved for winter?..Happy Wednesday, my friend..xxoJudy

      Delete
    3. Thanks again for your visit, Kerin. It is a sad time and hopefully things will start to get better soon..Happy Thursday, my friend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  5. It's so good to hear from you. God has been taking care of you and I'm anxious to hear all about the new place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One thing you can depend on in life is it never goes as you plan for better or worse. Cannot wait to see your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy to hear from you Kerin . . .
    And sold, bought, moved, settling in . . .
    i wonderful place to be.
    Looking forward to your pictures and plans . . .
    I can hear the ideas churning as I write this ...
    I think you must be at your happiest in the midst of creating!
    Enjoy each moment, my friend . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like the Good Lord has you under His wing. He loves us beyond our comprehension.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice post! I am so glad you are in your new place and its becoming home so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You may find yourself too busy to even read my comment, but I have finally made my rounds in our blogging community!

    What a fantastic "God story" about your camping spot, only God!
    He certainly looks after His own.

    I'm excited to hear all about your move and the home God directed you to purchase.
    May you find great joy as you work to un-pack and make this new home your very own.

    Take care and God bless you ♡

    ReplyDelete
  11. So excited for you that you are HOME.
    Such a nice word after all the moving.
    Can't wait to hear more!!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.
It means so much to me, that you've taken a few minutes in your day, to stop by and visit.
I love getting to know you, and having our "chats".
Have a wonderful day.