Monday

~ Things that make me smile ~

 The meadow is greening up.
The trees are beginning to leaf out and the last of the snow across the mountain tops is melting.
Spring is here! 
Warmer temperatures are here to stay for a few months and that makes me smile.
 Deer grazing on the foothills...
 and the elk are grazing in the pastures.
 The birds make me smile.
They have quite a routine down.
They hop onto the edge of the bird~feeder, knock the seed on the ground, then all their friends swoop onto the ground and feast on the fallen seed.
 Rogue rooster. Pheasant rooster out touring the neighborhood. 
Seemingly dancing through the green grass. 
Yep. 
Makes me smile!
 Pigweed makes me smile { the purple stuff is what I call pigweed. 
Purple weeds = Pigweed, and Yellow weeds = Spurge weed. 

It matters little if I have correctly identified the weeds, the fact that the weeds are growing is enough to make me smile. 
The color is beautiful in the meadow and I'm smiling to know that the growing season is here once again.
 The flower beds and borders are alive with color.
The skies are alive with color as well.

All is well. 
Spring has returned.
Flower are blooming, trees are leafing out, and the grass is growing. 
It makes me happy and makes me smile.

*Update on the house sale"
All is well on that front too.  So far everything is falling into place. 
We have begun to pack and sort the last of the items that need to be sorted through. 
My goodness, gracious, but we have accumulated a lot in 32 yrs.!!
Downsizing is a challenge, but the reward I think will be worth the efforts.

~Attitude of Gratitude:
 I have so many things to be grateful for...
Feeling grateful that our daughter~in~love and Grand are safe after a fender bender this last weekend. 
~Thankful for a husband that is my rock! 
Whenever I feel overwhelmed and unsure about my abilities to do things that are challenging, he reminds me of my strength and he gives me encouragement. He prays for me, and I am grateful for that.

20 comments:

  1. Its all beautiful. You know I have never asked. Where are you going to live after the house sells?
    Your photos are lovely. You do have a beautiful view. I love the sky and I love the colors so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your thankfuls today! Beautiful photos and a wonderful hubby - all good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos of spring in your world! So happy that your home sale is going well. I sure sympathize with the downsizing and packing! lol All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of great things to make you smile. So glad warm spring weather has finally made it to you. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sceneries....thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kerin, you have so many beautiful things around you to smile about. Everything is gorgeous right now. We used to have "pigweed", that's what my mom called it growing between the rows of corn in the garden. She would cook it up and it was so wonderful! I don't remember it have any blossoms, but it was a weed for sure. Happy Packing..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kerin, for your visit. I do miss the smell of the ocean but not the fog. We were so lucky that it was a bright and sunny day at the beach..Happy Tuesday..xxoJudy P.S. Looks like I have monopolized your blog!!!

      Delete
  7. Kerin, I just commented on this post but guess it didn't come through yet. Just wanted to add a thank you for your last visit. Let me know if you don't get my comment here, things are all messed up again with my blogger..Happy Tuesday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kerin, thanks for another comment. Still messed up so unless it clears up soon, you will be getting me on your blog from now on..Happy Wednesday..xxoJudy

      Delete
    2. HaHa, me again!! Just wanted to say thanks for your last visit. I think your Dad had the right idea! Hope all is going well, my friend..xxoJudy

      Delete
    3. And....she's back. Thanks for the visit. Sounds like your "unloading" still seems like a mountain when it should be a mole hill. We still have sunshine, can you believe it..Happy Wednesday..xxoJudy

      Delete
  8. You live in a beautiful part of the country! There are so many places that I've never seen...thanks for sharing the beauty that you see all around you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of it is so pretty!
    Glad things a re moving along smoothly.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful place to wake up to. I do not envy you and your move. We will be moving in two years and we decided that the year we do, we will get rid of stuff before the sale of our current home. That is something we did not do with our first house. We had five days to pack and move and it was horrible. Good luck on the move and eager to see your posts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many wonderful things to smile about!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kerin!!

    I love your beautiful, "springy" post!! You truly live in such a gorgeous part of the world! I just love that pheasant trotting around...so beautiful!

    Moving is such hard work, but I'm so glad that your home sold quickly, leaves you less time to change your mind ;0)

    We have been mulling the word - move - around as well, but it's such a hard thing to even think about. I read today that Idaho is the #1 place in the nation for increased home prices...37% from last year! It's a perfect time to sell, but not a perfect time to leave my home.

    Your photos are just beautiful!! Love the sunset!!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely post :)
    You live in such a beautiful area. Looking at your photos is almost as good as being there; I can almost smell the sweet country air.
    Thank you again for your prayers, Steve and I are so touched. We feel the love and thoughtfulness, you're an angel :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful . . . I'm afraid that you will miss it like crazy after you sell the house and move. Then again as one adventure ends another will begin. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photos and it sure looks like Spring to me! Congrats on selling the house...at least I hope it hasn't fallen through. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.
It means so much to me, that you've taken a few minutes in your day, to stop by and visit.
I love getting to know you, and having our "chats".
Have a wonderful day.