Wednesday

Weekend in pictures

 Labor Day weekend means it's Swiss Days in Midway Utah.
Tons of booths filled with crafts, food, etc. 
We went on the Friday before Labor Day. Hoping to avoid the majority of the crowds that jam into Swiss Days on the Saturday before Labor Day.
Nope. 
Guess everyone else had the same idea because it was shoulder to shoulder people.
 At the Midway store, called 'Everything in the Barn', there were beautiful displays of Fall goodies and even Christmas goodies.
 This 'Boo' sign was hugely popular, and this booth had a huge line around it. Folks waiting to buy their sign. 
I just couldn't bring myself to wait in line forever. 
 Tents and booths, and people galore. 
We did buy a few things: Honey, a Liz Lemon Swindle picture, and from the Midway Relief Society booth, a loaf of homemade cinnamon swirl bread that made the yummiest French toast.
 A beautiful old garage tucked back in the trees. Spied on the way back to our car. We parked in a field. Paid ten dollars, and was happy to have found a place to park at all!
 The town of Midway. Tucked into the mountains.
A beautiful old town, that is hugely popular now. 
Whereas it used to be a small farming community, it is now a place where multi-million dollar homes are built. You would be hard pressed to find an affordable home in Midway these days. 
 One of the bonuses to living in Midway is Deer Creek Reservoir. This is just a small glimpse of the lake.

 From a bygone time in Midway. A beautiful barn. Just past the barn, you can see a teeny bit of the lake.
 Back down the Provo Canyon... towards home.
Stopped by the Orchards Harmons to buy Hatch Green Chilies. The weekend of Labor Day, the market was roasting chilies. We bought a bushel of mild chilies.
Once home, we quickly assessed that the chilies were actually hot, not mild.
A phone call to the market and the produce manager apologized and promised us a credit next time we are there. 
   It might be a while before we return to the market, as it's over a hundred miles from where we live... one way.

Attitude of Gratitude:
~So thankful for my family. 
Our youngest son and his sweet wife were sealed in the temple yesterday. 
~Grateful for mild mornings that make it possible for my sweet husband and me to enjoy morning walks together. 
~ Thankful for safe travels. We love to go and see things. Lots of road trips and I'm always so grateful to be able to travel safely and return home safely.
~Grateful for laughter. A day without laughter is a day wasted.

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place! I can see how people would want to move there. I love how clear it looks. You could make that Boo sign so easy. I know you could.
    Hatch Chilies are just like that I think. I bet it smelled wonderful though. That cinnamon bread sounds wonderful too. I bet it did make wonderful french toast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun time walking around looking at all the booths. A beautiful place for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerin, what a lovely festival. Though shoulder to shoulder people isn't my favorite. Sounds like a lovely time regardless. Hot green chilis! Oh that's right up my alley. I can imagine that cinnamon bread was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like such a fun place to visit!
    We are coming to Utah tomorrow! We're staying in Kanob. I can't wait. We've never been there. There will be blog posts later!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked that charming vine covered garage . . .
    A bonus for the 10$ parking I guess!
    Hot green chilies . . . what will you make with them . . .
    Sound like a fun festival . . .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.
It means so much to me, that you've taken a few minutes in your day, to stop by and visit.
I love getting to know you, and having our "chats".
Have a wonderful day.