Thursday

~ Iffy~

 My goodness.. spring has been iffy, at best, where we live.
We'll have a warm day, then a cold day when it's chilly enough that I end up turning on the fireplace. Also, we've had a lot of wind this spring. Tons of wind!
For a bit, I thought that I'd never see the brunella bloom again, or the tulips for that matter.
Now that things are greening up and looking beautiful, my heart is happy that spring is finally here and summer just on it's heels.
 We've stayed pretty busy.... we replaced the light fixtures in the kitchen. The previous light fixtures were a bit too contemporary for my taste, and the new light fixtures are more 'country' or 'farmhouse' and simple.
 I've been making summer crafts....
 and spring crafts......
 and making over furniture.
That little chest of drawers was given to me years and years ago. Our youngest son helped me cut the 'skirt' off of the chest of drawers and helped my add the 'feet'.
Then, I cut a piece of wood and replaced one of the drawer stops, and gave the entire thing a paint job.
 Distressed, and stenciled and sealed, it's a great additional storage piece.
The entire project, including the cost of paint, and the stencil, came in at under $20.00. A real bargain for a nice storage chest. The 'feet' we bought at ReStore and adapted them to use on the chest. Originally they were furniture 'feet' that were for couches, or side chairs I imagine. At just a dollar a piece though, they really were a great buy!

Also iffy... my ability to keep my blog updated. I have good ideas for posts, and then I run out of time, or fail to make time to download pics, and write and publish a post.
Guess I'm too busy soaking up the warmer weather, or maybe I've outgrown my desire to blog?
It's iffy.


14 comments:

  1. I do love your kitchen! What a perfect kitchen. Your lights are just wonderful. I think your wood projects are wonderful as is your chest. You did such a nice job on it. Every thing just looks so bright and pretty.
    I hope at least you have a warm Memorial weekend. Lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always glad to see your posts whenever you get the chance to blog. Love seeing all of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Carol, but please hang in there.
    we enjoy your posts so much.
    The chest of drawers looks great, we like our Re-store also.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to see an update. I love your flowers at the front door. The new kitchen lights are very nice. A very cute storage piece you've created too. Just blog when you have the time. Always fun to see what you've been creating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitchen is beautiful!! I love the new light fixtures.
    Please don't lose your desire to blog. I love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kerin!

    You have been busy!! What fun projects, I just love your kitchen, it really does look so comfy and warm . . . very country!

    You are the most crafty little thing!! What an adorable dresser! I see people doing all these wonderful things, but when I get into a thrift store, all I can see is dirt and stinky stuff . . . :-*

    Thank you for sharing, I love your ideas!!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kerin, wow, I just love your kitchen. And the light fixtures are wonderful. I love country farmhouse decor. I am also a log home rustic fan. :)

    Enjoy your spring days. Summer will be here before too long. Gotta go. Good to see your post. Take care, Janet W

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kerin!!! I noticed I hadn't heard from you for awhile and long story short, something must have gotten mixed up because I couldn't find you and now, today, here you are. I have missed you. Your kitchen looks beautiful, very warm and homey and charming and I love the little chest. It was great seeing your post again..Happy Tuesday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're too interesting and inspiring not to blog! I blog quite a bit and I still don't get as many comments as you so it's meant to be! Look at what you've been accomplishing too! That dresser is gorgeous. You did a beautiful job on it. I have a dresser like that and was thinking of putting feet on it and redoing it. I love yours! Your light fixtures are really pretty and your cute summertime crafts. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi sweet friend! I just wanted to pop in and say hello :) I hope you are well and enjoying these delightful days of June. Can you believe July is just around the corner?!

    Thinking of you and wishing you a blessed Sunday! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your kitchen- your cabinets are the same color as mine! I have missed seeing your posts. I hope you are having a wonderful summer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Greetings,
    I hope you are well and busy! I lost your blog for a while, but found it this morning. I am so glad...I've been reading many of the old posts...they were wonderful the second time around as well!
    Blessings to you and yours,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just popping in to say hi. Hope all is well with you.
    Miss your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh My, your Kitchen is wonderful! I love to see what I call "real" kitchens and yours is one of those. I see the love you put into making it yours. and that little chest is so sweet, great job! I have a couple of them waiting for me to make them over, they belonged to my hubby and BIL when they were boys so I just cant take the plunge....someday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.
It means so much to me, that you've taken a few minutes in your day, to stop by and visit.
I love getting to know you, and having our "chats".
Have a wonderful day.