Wednesday

~Morning Has Broken~

 "Morning has broken, like the first morning.........
"Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning
Born of the one light, eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise every morning
God's recreation of the new day."


A few line from the Cat Steven's song : Morning has broken.
{Cat Steven's goes by a different name now..}

Each morning, I look out at the mountains to see the morning, and this song always comes to mind.
Every day is a new day!
Every day is a miracle, in and of itself!

Being solar powered, as I am, I love the sunbeams rising up over the mountain tops.
Promise of a new day.

Golden mornings. Even in the midst of winter, the new day feels like a warm hug.
Comforting, full of promise, and life, and happiness.

So, do a little happy dance this morning. It is a new day, and new week, and a brand new year.
Anything is possible!

Attitude of gratitude:
~Feeling grateful for new books, new music, and new sheets. How I love the feel of crisp new sheets, the smell of freshly printed words on the pages of a new book, and the beat of  new song playing!
~I'm grateful for daily blessings!! The beginning of a brand new day, a warm house, plenty to eat, warm water, and for flip flops! It's warm enough {un-seasonable so} that I wore flip flops to run errands yesterday. Hip hip hurray! There will be plenty of shoe wearing weather left in the new year, I am certain, but for today, I am grateful for a bit of flip flop wearing weather.

19 comments:

  1. So true!

    Stop by and check out yesterday's
    post-come see our beautiful sunrise.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song. Since I'm a night owl, I don't see nearly as many sunrises as I'd like to. Your photos of the mountains are beautiful, Kerin.
    Hope you enjoy some more flipflop weather. Your little piggies would freeze in our weather today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. New beginnings...new mornings...with no mistakes in them yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what I love about this year? That you are so happy and carefree this year. :) I think the same thing when I am watching the sun come up over the mountains. Isn't is lovely to be in the places we are this year? I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that song. Beautiful photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my very favorite songs . . .
    It will be in my mind the rest of the day, (night!)
    What a view Kerin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started "hearing" Cat Stevens as soon as I saw the title of your post on my sidebar. LOL! I'll be hearing it all morning now... not a bad thing. =) I do love the sunny days, too!! It's 19 degrees here... don't think I'll get to enjoy flip flops today, but I'm enjoying that you did yesterday! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello kerin,
    so true!!! love the song !!!
    Happy New Year!
    blessings,regina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Evening Kerin, I always enjoyed that Cat Stevens song....so calming and serene to me....just like you feel when you look out your window! Beautiful view! Flip Flops?? I'm a little envious here~~~Blessings for a wonderful week~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful post, Kerin, and I love the words to the song, and your morning view is spectacular...Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Cat Stevens' music. Cat in the cradle is one of my favorites. You have solar power? That must be wonderful! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful there! Glad you got to wear flip flops! Wishing you a wonderful week filled with blessings! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Flip flops in February . . . that was a treat:)
    Have a happy day.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photo. Those mountains look so serene and brisk! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely breathtaking, my friend! Thank you for sharing God's beauty with us. Happy weekend to you! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good afternoon, Kerin~

    As I read your post and gazed upon your pictures, this scripture kept going through my mind:

    "Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness!"
    Lamentations 3:22-23

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.
It means so much to me, that you've taken a few minutes in your day, to stop by and visit.
I love getting to know you, and having our "chats".
Have a wonderful day.