Tuesday

Don't blink.

 St. George temple.
We had a "Girls Weekend" in St. George.
It was so much fun, and we enjoyed attending the "Time Out For Women" event. {click on the link to see the site "http://www.tofw.com/ }
The temple grounds are always so beautifully manicured, and the gardens are so well tended.  There were old fashioned roses, still in bloom. 
In one of the main garden beds, there was ornamental cabbage growing, and little pansies. 
The garden beds had been planted for Fall.
I'd love to plant this variety of ornamental cabbage next year.
I must remember.
My sweet husband had a very small "honey-do list", while we were out of town.
One of his projects to get done, was to get the car inspected, and renew the license.  He took the car to the auto shop for the inspection, and as the shop employee was backing our car out of the bay, he ran into a parked truck, and he wrecked our car.
Yes.  The auto shop wrecked our car.
It wrecked the bumper, and broke out the tail-light lens,  also scratching the paint on the trunk.

It is all fixed now, and the shop was really good about fixing it quickly, and they were very apologetic.  Still.... not cool.
Lastly, this is such a sweet simple old-fashioned ironing board.
It is in the house that our youngest son is in the process of buying.
He will be a home-owner!
How awesome for him! 
He's young, just 22... and he's not married... but, he wants to invest in his future and have his own home.
The house is just AWESOME!
  Even though it needs a lot of work, he's well experienced at renovating old homes {thanks to his Mom and Dad, always buying old houses } and he's looking forward to getting the house renovated.
Crossing my fingers that all continues to go well, and that the appraisal comes in where he needs it to.... etc... etc... etc...

At this time of year,  there is so much going on.  I'm afraid to blink.

Attitude of gratitude:
~So grateful for safety.  Traveling up and down the freeway so much during this time of year, and I'm always so grateful for the safe travels that our Heavenly Father blesses us with.
~Grateful for warm, healthy food.  I've been using the Dutch oven, and slow cooker a lot on these cold Fall days. I feel so blessed with the simple things that we are blessed with.  Food, shelter... clothing...etc...

17 comments:

  1. I'm sorry but I had to laugh at the auto "wreck" place "wrecking your car"...I don't sweat the small stuff as I think maybe it was that or you getting into an an accident on your trip...maybe life is like playing...Let's Make a Deal...you can have this or this but you have to have one or the other as the negative things in life have to be spread out? Who knows but no one was hurt so that's the good part.
    So nice you could get away for a girl's weekend and those gardens were very inspiring! I have to put you back on my blog list so I don't miss your posts. I'm so glad you're back blogging agian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerin,

    Is your son buying a house in town. I hope he's close by. That is one smart man..He'll be a good catch for someone. I bet you are so proud of him. That is not a good surprise with your car.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great time for you and the gals.
    Sorry to hear about your car though. I'm glad they
    were able to get it fixed quickly.
    Congratulations to Spencer!

    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- that shop guy might need to get some glasses! I hope all goes well for son with his new house...I think it is fantastic to take on responsibility like that...such a great start to his life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love ornamental cabbage!
    What a bummer about your car. About 15 years ago my mom was picking up their car from the body shop after a small dent was replaced. As she was waiting to pull onto the road, someone else who was picking up their car backed into her. Crazy!
    Congrats to your son - what a great decision!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ornamental cabbage is such a pretty flower . . .
    Ouch, for your car . . .
    Great son of yours. All of the best to him. . .
    Again, love your Attitude of Gratitude . . .
    Liked seeing those words . . .
    Always Fixin' Never Sittin' . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a lovely time! And, so sorry about your car. That is definitely not cool! ;) Congrats to your son in owning is first home! I am sure it will be a lot of fun to work on! Wishing you a sweet week!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, that is not a very good way to drum up new business! Glad they got it repaired quickly, but still...

    Congrats to your son. That is a big deal to own a home at his age! Good for him!! I wish him much success with his renovations.

    Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks all, for your warm and kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the red, white, and blue colors in the first photos. Wow what nice vivid colors.

    Oh now what bad luck about the car. I bet the guy felt awful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How nice that you had a getaway, what a beautiful temple. Glad you had a safe trip, I know I don't like being on the road. Glad your car is back in order. I have seen ironing boards built in, you said that is an older home right? Good luck to your son. Yes this is a busy time of year, you know the saying, "keep calm and carry on".
    Nancy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh. oh. oh, I am so excited to hear that this next generation is carrying on the love of and restoring of Old Girls. I'm dancing the happy dance that at 22 your son is buying his own home and rolling up his sleeves to bring it back to its former glory. Woo hoo!!

    Can you tell that's one of my passions? ;)

    So glad you enjoyed time being edified with other ladies. The Temple is beautiful and I'd love to remember some winter cabbages like those, too. Yes, we can't blink! blessings ~ tanna
    ps as always, thank you for your kind and encouraging words, Kerin. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kerin, I'm glad you had a nice time with the girls and I guess, if damage had to happen it happened right where you needed it. What a fluke! Congrats to your son. How great when they start out so young and become responsible for their future..Happy Wednesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kerin
    You must be so proud of your son! I wish him the best. You will have to post his home reno progress:>)
    Glad to hear you got away with the girls to refresh!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My daughter, who lives in Hurricane, was at that Time Out for Women. Did you sit next to her?? ;) Good for your son! Getting an early start on owning a home is awesome. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kerin, So glad you had a wonderful time out with the girls at St. George Temple.....and the car story...well, it's funny! (but NOT Funny!) I wonder if that young man kept his job?? Anyway, this is awesome your son is buying a house this young....it's a rarity for this generation! Good for him! I can already see the character and potential in this house.....the built-in ironing board says a lot!! lol! Too CUTE! Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  17. We love heading to St. George! I actually am craving a holiday there. Maybe soon - and the Temple is just so lovely! I have never been there around Fall time! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.
It means so much to me, that you've taken a few minutes in your day, to stop by and visit.
I love getting to know you, and having our "chats".
Have a wonderful day.