Friday

~ Heart Smiles & Daily Life ~

~Hello friends~

Can you believe we are nearly halfway through March? 
Time flies!
Another beautiful scene from one of our daily rides. 
We take a ride nearly every day, and more and more I find myself reflecting on how very blessed we are.
For some time we looked to move to St. George, and we never could find what we wanted there. 
We took our conundrum to the Lord, and that is how we came to live here in beautiful Southern Central Utah. 
Heart Smiles.....every day.

We enjoyed the last of 'the fruit guy's oranges.
 I reserved the peels in order to make more orange vinegar. 
Orange vinegar makes a great all-purpose cleaner.

A fun new kitchen gadget. 
I've made cheesy stuffed cornbread waffles and served them with chili.
We gave all of our kids a Stuffler for Christmas, and Santa brought one for my sweet husband and me. 
It's been fun making different stuffed waffles and trying out new combinations.
Nutella and strawberries is one of our daughter in laws favorites.
Barn quilts are quite the trend around here and have been for a bit. I have yet to make one, but it is on the list for a springtime project. I have all of the wood and the paint and as soon as it's warm enough to set up on the patio and paint, I'm going to get one made for our garden cottage.
The one above is on the front of a cute little cottage near us.

As always, I adore and seek out old houses. 
This house is in a neighboring town and the trim work is so beautiful on this house.
I always reflect on how happy the original homeowners must have been to build their dream home and of the heart smiles that would have been enjoyed... the pride of ownership and beautiful craftsmanship.

Finally, a big old heart smile.
Meet 'Baby Moosey'. Our sweet dog, Rowdy, is almost 14. He's a good old dog and sweet as can be. He has a collection of 'babies' and knows each one by name. 
He left Baby Moosey next to my nightstand, smiling up at me, and it warmed my heart and made me smile. I sure love that old dog of ours.
He's provided us with lots and lots of heart smiles.

Today, we will go to the packing place to pick up our son's beef order. 
Finish our rotational food storage prep. We have been putting grains, sugar, and other long-term storage items into mylar bags, then into 5-gallon buckets, and finally a gamma lid. 

Wishing you all heart smiles.

 

6 comments:

  1. Such great pictures! I love seeing the pictures from your drives. I bet those waffles are so good. Our grand daughter calls them Waffies. She never had them before until last week and she was so excited about them. Good Ole Rowdy. Border Collies are the smartest dogs in the world. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice happy post! :)
    I have a regular waffle maker. Is this a small sized one?
    There are quite a few quilt barns around where I live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The waffle iron isn't a whole lot larger in diameter, but it is double deep.
      You add whatever batter in the bottom, layer whatever filling, then add the remaining batter.
      It takes about 7 minutes to cook through.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the explanation. Sounds like something I would like to have. :)

      Delete
  3. I might have to get one of the Stufflers. I love older homes that people have well-loved. I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really do live in such a beautiful area! I always enjoy your photos.
    Old homes have such charm, and so do the barn quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.
It means so much to me, that you've taken a few minutes in your day, to stop by and visit.
I love getting to know you, and having our "chats".
Have a wonderful day.