Wednesday

Fish lake and Fish lake Lodge

 Fish lake Lodge : The Fish lake lodge was built between 1928 and 1933. 
The logs were dragged across the frozen lake for construction of the lodge. 
The lodge is one of the larges log structures in the United States, measuring 80 feet, by 320 feet.

 Guest cabins...
 Snow being whipped up by the wind across the lake.  A blue heron takes flight .







 Ranger cabins.

 Pando Aspen Clone ; 107 acres of Utah's Fishlake National Forest is one of the world's largest organisms.
A forest of some 47,000 genetically identical quaking aspen trees, which all stem from a single root system .
 (Info from Smithsonian Magazine)
Driving back home again through the canyons.
See the highway that winds through the land on the left side of the picture?


In the distance you can just make out our valley; it looks like a narrow white stripe at the bottom of the snow covered mountains in the distance.

We are loving where we live and feel so fortunate to have so many beautiful places in our county and close to home.

Once the ice melts off the lake, we would love to take a picnic to the lake, and do some fishing and enjoy the beauty.

My list:
~ I rearranged the entire living room.
~Worked in the garden borders.
~Baked bread
~Started more garden seeds.
~Worked on family history
~Worked on spring cleaning.



7 comments:

  1. Hey I love those pictures and I think I need to put down staying in that lodge on my bucket list. I love that you went there. Its so beautiful. My goodness takes my breath away. Yep, one more way we see eye to eye ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerin, great photos and such a beautiful place. I liked the fact about the quaking aspen trees. In reading your list, I see you are so much more ambitious than me. I will start something and then take a break and can't figure out how to get going again!! Take care and stay well..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! It's so beautiful! I loved reading about the Aspen grove, and was just telling my hubby about it. That's a lot of identical trees.
    The lodge looks like a great place to visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scenery is outstanding. What a beautiful place to call home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty!
    Can't believe you still have snow. Our neighbors in Iowa may be getting some of that tonight. We should only have rain.
    One day THE REAL SPRING will arrive.

    Take care.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melinda.
      Thanks for for you visit and comment, I appreciate it!
      Luckily, we haven't had snow in the valleys where we live. In fact, I think we only had a couple of inches of snow hit the ground all winter... yay!

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful place and completely new to me. I've got another place to add to my very long "to visit" list. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.
It means so much to me, that you've taken a few minutes in your day, to stop by and visit.
I love getting to know you, and having our "chats".
Have a wonderful day.