Friday

~ What I'm loving this week....

Beautiful jar of faux lemons on the island, and a vase filled with babies breath.
Ingredients for protein bites: Almond butter, raw honey, organic unsweetened coconut, ground flax, black chia seeds, organic dried cranberries, honey roasted almonds, rolled oatmeal, and mini 'Enjoy Life' brand of mini chocolate chips.
A new apron in a sage and white check.
An enjoyable book series. I've been reading a ton this winter.
A thrifted rocking chair getting a chalk paint makeover.
Our thrifted kitchen table also got a chalk paint makeover. We gifted our rather large kitchen table to our youngest son and his wife. It was a massive table and we simply did not need such a large table anymore. This smaller double drop leaf table we bought at a yard sale a few years ago. It's perfect. I will also be painting the chairs to match the table.

Attitude of gratitude:
Last night, as we were bringing home our new trailer, we got about 40 miles into our 55~60 mile trip home, when we heard a loud 'pop'. 
Fearing something had gone terribly wrong, we pulled over... thankfully there was a spot perfect to pull our Yukon and trailer over and get off the highway. 
The 'dummy' light indicated that our hood was unlatched. Evidently, the hood didn't get shut tight enough,  when the dealership was installing our brake assist, and it was a simple fix to open the hood and slam it shut. 
I feel so grateful that it wasn't anything serious, and that the hood stayed shut and didn't fly open on the highway in a spot where we wouldn't have been able to pull over. 
Prayers are answered!!
We said a prayer before we went to pick up the trailer, and we said a prayer before we left the dealership to travel back home with the trailer. Heavenly Father watches over us and for safe travels I am grateful!!

11 comments:

  1. Oh yay you have it at home? I am so glad that there wasn't anything serious. I love all of the winter goodness at your house.
    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you got your new trailer! Congrats! Where are you going first? How exciting! Those faux lemons look really real! I love your chalk painting....I have some of that to do too. Glad the 'pop' was nothing much and that you made it home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly have lots of painting projects going on! And reading...now that's a great past time for the winter. I could use a good series. I've gotten hooked on Netflix and Hulu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear is was only the latch on your new trailer. God is Good.
    I'm going to check out the book series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to let you know I just put the first Lumby book on hold at the library. They don't have it in the library in town but will get it from another one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that your trailer was fine. That is scary! Love your new dinette. And I absolutely love Baby's Breath!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kerin!

    The lemons look so much like sunshine, I love them! I'm ready for Spring!

    I've never heard of the, Lumby looks, I will have to check it out, I love to read, especially at night before bed.

    I have a rocking chair that I need to paint. My husband gave it to me when we had our second child, 41 years ago. love chalk paint, it's just so easy and beautiful.

    I always get nervous when we hook up the trailer. One time we were coming home from a camping trip and we had a tire blow...it was horrifying...we were on the freeway in the middle of nowhere, with lots of semi's going past us 80 miles an hour! We were just lucky we didn't roll it...prayers are definitely answered. I'm so glad that everything was alright!

    Have a great week-end!

    Hugs and Loves,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your apron! Your table and chairs are going to look so nice, and it's great that your son can use the old table. Our daughter took our old one also.
    So glad that pop was nothing serious. Love how God takes care of us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your apron! I buy aprons the way most women buy shoes. I like to have them in a variety of colors so I can coordinate them to my outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kerin, I'm glad you got your trailer home in one piece. Now that you have a pretty new apron, you are ready for anything my friend..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you are safe and sound.
    Your protein bites look yummy and the book series
    sounds interesting.

    Take care.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.
It means so much to me, that you've taken a few minutes in your day, to stop by and visit.
I love getting to know you, and having our "chats".
Have a wonderful day.