Thursday

~Whistle while you work~

 Fall energizes me; nearly as much as springtime does.
I've been working away. 
Getting things organized, cleaning everything, and paring down.
I cleaned out the deep freezers. 
With just the two of us at home, there isn't any need for us to have two deep freezers. My goal is to plan our menus and meals out of what is currently in our freezers and pantries. 
I hope to only use what we have on hand, and eventually unplug at least one of the freezers.
Getting used to cooking smaller amounts is a challenge for me.
 We put chicken wire and stakes around some of our more vulnerable trees and shrubs, as the deer are moving into the yards, and they can really damage shrubs and trees.

Spending my days cleaning out my office. Wow, have I ever accumulated a ton of stuff!
I'm cleaning out scrapbooking supplies, and stamping supplies, fabric, etc. 
I even disassembled the desk~top computer. I don't think I've even turned that computer on in two years. I will put it away, but the odds of getting rid of it all together are high. I have used a laptop for years now.  I hope to get everything boxed up and ready to donate by weeks end.
We also gave our large dining table to our youngest son and his wife. 
We are working on downsizing our stuff and simplifying!
The next project on my list is to paint and put up wainscot in the den. 
Love being busy fluffing our nest! It puts a smile in my heart to have everything organized and neat and tidy.

 "I've decided life is too fragile to finish a book I dislike just because it costs sixteen dollars and ninety-five cents and everyone else loved it, or eat a fried egg with a broken yolk (which I hate) when the dog would leap over the St. Louis Arch for it".
                           ~ Erma Bombeck 

Attitude of gratitude:
~Thankful for my amazing and sweet husband. I celebrated a birthday this past week, and he took me on not only one, but two road trips! 
We shopped and went to lunch at favourite places. 
~Grateful for prayers answered. Prayers have been said on behalf of friends that have had trials and tribulations and prayers have been answered and those friends have been greatly blessed. I am so grateful for a loving Father in heaven!!

11 comments:

  1. Kerin, I wish I had some of your energy. My craft room and junk room are in bad need of cleaning out. I just have to work up some excitement towards it. Maybe more junk to put in them will help me!!!Happy Thursday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've been busy.
    I still use my desk top (apple) all the time. I like the nice big screen. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! Cleaning and organizing makes me feel good too. You've done a lot!
    I think you need to keep that sweet hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A belated Happy Birthday, Kerin! Doesn't it feel good to downsize! I am working on it little by little. I forgot to email you that I have mailed your package last week. I hope it arrives safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire folks like you that are really getting into downsizing. I know that less stuff means less stress and that is a very good thing. When you were visiting my blog, you mentioned wanting to start quilting. Well, the quilt that I made was a very easy one and it all started with layer cakes. I'm not promoting any business but I buy my layer cakes and jellyrolls here: https://greenfairyquilts.com
    Layer cakes are stacks of pre-cut 10 inch squares and jellyrolls are 2.5 inch by 45 inch strips, ready for quilting. They are a great way to get started quilting, and even fun once in a while after you've been quilting for years. Check them out, you'll be surprised at the lovely combinations of fabrics that they put together. Your grandmother sounds like she had a very healthy life . . . still quilting at 90 years is a great sign of a healthy lifestyle. Many people have lost the use of their fingers for fine work by then and many do not have the mental capacity to put a quilt together. I do hope that I'll still be quilting at 90 :)
    Have a sweet day.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How funny that quote from Erma Bombeck! :}
    There is a great enjoyment purging and simplifying, isn't there? For 25 years I have been keeping each years cards, letters and such and my goal is to go through each years box and purge. My plan is to sit by the fire this winter and slowly enjoy the contents of each years box, then trash most of what I have been saving. It will be a big project, but something that needs to be done.

    Your grateful list is precious.

    Have a beautiful weekend ♡

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its always so nice to get caught up with you. I think down sizing sounds so nice. It feels good too.
    Your pictures are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that quote! Cooking for two isn't easy, is it? And the weirdest thing is that I thought life would slow down when the kids were out of the house, but it seems to get busier. Happy belated Birthday, my friend!

    xoxo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like the fall busys are going on. We took a short break from our fluffing but it is time to get back at it.

    Happy belated birthday!

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kerin, a fine October afternoon to you! I wanted to let you know that I finally opened my autumn/fall blog. You are cordially invited! xo

    mygatheringbasket.com

    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have been a busy little bee, my friend. Oh, doesn't it feel good to clean things out and reorganize everything? This past summer I went through my craft room and gor rid of 8 trash bags of "junk!" It felt so good :)

    Enjoy the remainder of your week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.
It means so much to me, that you've taken a few minutes in your day, to stop by and visit.
I love getting to know you, and having our "chats".
Have a wonderful day.