Tuesday

Scary~~not scary???

 When you were a kid, was there a house in your neighborhood that was old, and a bit scary looking? 
We had one in our neighborhood, and we never, ever went to that house to trick or treat!
 Looking back now, I imagine that some of those old scary houses were houses that these days I most decidedly would not think were scary. 
Rather, great old houses that needed fixing up!
 On my walk yesterday morning, I noticed several 'scary' looking houses that need some love, and some other houses that once may have been 'scary'  looking, but are getting some much-needed attention and renovation.

 Scary house? Or not a scary house?
Not scary, in my book.
 Not scary...
 Old, old wire fence...not scary.
Weeds... a bit scary.


 Lastly, this house...admittedly, a bit scary.
Nope... I wouldn't trick or treat at this house!

Although, the renovator and old house lover in me can see a ton of potential in this old house. 
Hopefully, someday there will be a person that loves this old house and takes it from scary to not scary.

                             Wishing you all a not scary Halloween!  

9 comments:

  1. We have a scary looking house across the road from us, that has finally been purchased and will be remodeled and lived in and loved by a lovely family of 8! It's amazing what a little love will do to a house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fun, and I'm with you. Places that might have scared me as a kid, now look like a renovators dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerin, love this post. There are so many houses out there that could use some love and care. The "scareier" they look, the more memories must be hidden. Oh, if one could only see them. What an experience that would be..Happy Halloween..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a house in our town at the edge of the woods that everyone thought was scary and that the old lady that lived there was a witch. As a kid I made friends with her. She was the nicest lady and I spent many days there with her. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kerin~

    Not scary for all of them...I love old houses!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was younger our neighborhood had a house that was rather scary and we never went truck or treating there!
    I'm sure it was fine, but...
    It's such a beautiful thing to see homes changed over to something new.
    Fun posting~

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first house with the weird round window in front looks scary to me! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post.
    We didn't have any scary houses but we did have a neighbor who on Halloween came up with something new each year to scar to hoo hoo out of us. But it was an unwritten must that you went to that house to trick or treat.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those houses did need a little love . . . I would love to see them a few years later after someone purchased them and gave them the love they did. House into homes, especially old houses, is something I dearly love :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.
It means so much to me, that you've taken a few minutes in your day, to stop by and visit.
I love getting to know you, and having our "chats".
Have a wonderful day.