Thursday

* Seriously*?

 It's been said that as we age, time passes more quickly.
It is certainly true in my case. 
I cannot seriously believe it has been so long since I last blogged!?
Busy days that meld into weeks, that meld into months, and before I knew it, time flew by.
 To be frank, it's a little, or a lot frightening how quickly time flies by...


 Nearly a year ago, our youngest son got married. We have a 'new' daughter in love.
 They are head over heels in love and looking forward to celebrating their one year anniversary at the beginning of next month.
 Liam. He is our very heartbeat. 
He just turned one year old! 
It's true what everyone told me... being a grandparent is the absolute best!
As one of my sweet friends told me..."makes you glad you didn't kill your kids when they were younger, doesn't it"! 
Yep. 
Grands are the best!! 
After waiting for our eldest son and daughter in love to have kids, the six-year wait was SO worth it!


 Summer is just cruising along. It's been a hotter than usual summer.
We recently celebrated Pioneer Day, here in Utah. 
The day our state celebrates statehood. 
We decided to get up into the mountains, away from the heat, and to get close to the water. 
  Here in the valley, we are on water restrictions.
We are allowed to water twice a week.
 Of course, the sunflowers don't mind the heat and lack of water.
They just continue to grow happily along... blooming and adding sunny yellow to the borders.
 Most of our flowers are fine with the drought.
That was all part of the plan when we planted nearly four years ago. 
Can it really be that we've lived here at Mill Hill Meadow for just over four years now?!
 The master bathroom makeover was high on my priority list, tho it has taken four years for me to actually dive in and get it completed! 
 Finally took the time to get it done this summer, and I'm so happy that I did.
 Sure enjoying the charcoal countertop and the white vanity.
Black and white accents can easily be switched up for a new look down the road if we so desire. For now, the simple cottage look is perfect.
 Do y'all remember my friend that owns the cute old gas station/shop? 
This summer I spied this cute 'married' hutch in the shop and bought it for our dining room.
 Decked out in the Bee dinnerware that I've been collecting for a few years now.


 Still doing a lot of thrift shopping. 
I love a great deal and the thrill of a great find!
Recent finds... the 'thankful' sign. It's quite large and perfect for Fall decorating, but really I could display it all year long.
Another find; this giant rustic frame. 
Soon to be fashioned into a large chalkboard. 
It will replace the cupboard door chalkboard that I've had for years. 

Have a happy day.

Attitude of gratitude:
 Feeling thankful to have overcast skies this morning, as it will make cleaning out borders and flower beds a more pleasant task.

10 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more, Kerin, time does fly by the older you get. It looks like you've been enjoying summer. Your grandson is a cutie & I love your new bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see your update. I had no idea that your update was so incredible. You did a really nice job. Welcome back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to hear from you again! You have such lovely scenery! I love sunflowers and their cheery faces. The bathroom make over is great! It's so much fun to see final results, although the "doing" can be so messy and time consuming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kerin~

    I've been hoping that you would come back! So nice to see you again!

    Sounds like life has been busy for you...weddings, new grandbabies, and a darling one at that!

    We have been so hot here in Idaho, and it seems like the whole state is just burning up! The skies are always smokey, and add grain dust to the mix, it's lethal! So, I stay inside a lot. We are planning our family camping trip for next week, so for 7 whole days, we will hopefully not smell smoke, only from a campfire.

    I love your black and white, country farmhouse theme! It's just a simple, clean look that really can be changes up if your need a change. I adore the Bee dinnerware! Isn't it wonderful that one of the happiest flowers, love the sun and thrive without lots of water!?

    So good to see you!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see you blogging again. I took you off my list because I thought you wouldn't be back. You're back on again. : )
    Love the white and black and everything you've done.
    We should be moving into our new house up at Happy Trails very soon now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love seeing a post from you and a comment on one of my posts to boot!
    What a Day!!
    Congratulations to your son and bride . . .
    And little Liam is scrumptious . . .
    Yes indeed, nothing like being a grandparent . . .
    Greats are just as wonderful . . . I/we are GG to two great grands . . .
    Happy to see you here Kerin!
    Keep thrifting . . . gives me ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good to see you here again! Looks like everything is going well. Your Liam is just adorable and I love that name. We did our bathroom last year and it looks very similar to yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Time does indeed FLY by! It seems like summer just started and now it's coming to an end with school just around the corner.

    I am glad you are well, my friend. And oh, what sweet pictures of your loved ones. Your home looks lovely and ever so inviting.

    Happy August, dear one. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was so nice to see you in my blog feeder!!
    Welcome back and such an enjoyable post of all the wonderful happenings that have taken place in your life.
    Oh yes...those grands are awesome!! Out of our four grandsons, our middle one just headed for home after spending a week with us. It is quiet and lonely right now, even my Beagle is missing all the attention, although I believe she will sleep for days.
    Spring and Summer have come and gone so quickly in our lives this year and I can see fall just around the corner as certain leaves are changing here in the mountains.
    Your home looks lovely, and that new bathroom is gorgeous!

    Have a beautiful rest of the weekend ❤

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kerin, wow it is good to have you back. I thought maybe I missed something as I wasn't getting you in my inbox so I signed up again and, of course, it told me I was already signed up so I guess I didn't miss anything!! Congratulations to the lovely couple and the darling Liam. Aren't grandkids so much fun? Especially the grandsons!! Your sunflowers are beautiful as usual and the new bath is just beautiful also. So glad you are back, my dear friend and will talk later..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.
It means so much to me, that you've taken a few minutes in your day, to stop by and visit.
I love getting to know you, and having our "chats".
Have a wonderful day.