Monday

~ Monday this and that....

New dishes, in Autumn colors. 
Walmart had a set for four on clearance for under twenty dollars. I bought them online.
 I'm so looking forward to cooler temperatures.
Looking forward to Autumn thunderstorms.
~ Pumpkins, crunchy leaves, cool mornings, and hot cocoa.

This past week was a whirlwind. 
Our son and his adorable family were here for a few days. 
After almost six months apart because of the military, he was able to reunite with his darling wife and sweet baby boy.
We too hadn't seen him or his family for nearly six months, and we too were so happy to be reunited. 
Hugs all around!
They are gone now, and we miss them already so much. 
Though now they are just a few days drive away, so it's better now to know that we can see them more often.

Life goes on, and there are household chores to be done today. 
I put some pears in the dehydrator and will do chives later on this week.
Laundry is getting caught up.
Text to our kids are going out, and there is a quiet peace in my heart that all is well.

An attitude of gratitude:
~I feel so thankful that we were able to travel not once, but twice to the Salt Lake City International airport in safety.  It's a two-hour trip, one way for us, and on the second trip up to pick up our son, we had winds and rain to contend with that made it nearly impossible to see the lane lines. Prayer and faith saw us home safely.
Nearly 3:00 am, we pulled into the driveway. As soon as we all got into the house, the rain came down so hard that the rain gutters looked as though we had turned on a firehose.
~So grateful we had a chance to see our son and daughter in love, and our Grand. 
~Feeling thankful and hopeful for the rain that is in the forecast for this week.
~Grateful to have the good health and strength in order to work in the borders and prepare them for winter. Cutting out leggy plants, weeding, trimming perennials, etc. 


11 comments:

  1. Hi Kerin. So glad your son and family were able to visit. After they are first gone back home, there always is a big hole left in everything. I know the feeling. Pretty dishes and sounds like a great deal..You are always doing such interesting and fun projects..Happy Monday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's nice being able to see your Family.
    Glad you all travelled safely,long distance
    travelling is hard enough even without
    harsh weather conditions.

    Your new dishes are very pretty 🍁🍂
    and a good bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy week you have had! I love your dishes! Yes, fall sounds just like what I need. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dishes are lovely. I'm a nut about pretty dishes and vintage mixing bowls. Happy to hear that your travels were safe and that you got to visit with family :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the looks of those new dishes . . .
    I thought your son lived near you.
    I think a son of yours renovated a house near you?
    Same son . . . played bag pipe??
    How happy it must have been being reunited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the dishes! (great price too!)
    Our son was in the army, so I totally understand the joy of reuniting and then the sadness of goodbye. Glad you got that time together,

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post. I appreciate so much the gratitude you write.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dishes! Looking forward to fall

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kerin~

    Love the dishes! I am ready for fall...I really didn't think I would say that in August, but I am ready! It's been so hot and smoky here that I really need some cooler temps.

    I'm so glad that you had a chance to have your son and family with you...family is everything.

    Driving in SLC is a nightmare, I always just pray the whole time we are driving in that traffic! It's almost as bad here. Today we had to go to Rexburg, and the traffic was horrible.

    Things are slowing down here a bit. I am waiting for a couple of boxes of pears that I ordered, that should keep me busy for a few days. I didn't plant a garden, but my son and his wife plant enough for us...that will keep my busy as well, they have a green thumb!

    Your attitude of gratitude is my favorite...love it.

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Autumn dishes are so pretty.
    So nice that you got to have some happy family time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you got to see your son and his family! That is hard, having family far away. I have two sisters out of state, and we miss being able to see them more often.
    Our daughter was flying to Kansas from Philadelphia about two weeks ago, and she got caught in the monsoon that enveloped the northeast that morning, and because of long flight delays, had quite a long trip getting to her final destination. I know there were storms in the midwest that day too, maybe even the same ones you dealt with? I know that the 1 1/2 hour drive home from Philadelphia airport was NOT fun! Glad your trip went safely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.
It means so much to me, that you've taken a few minutes in your day, to stop by and visit.
I love getting to know you, and having our "chats".
Have a wonderful day.