Monday

Gabion

Gabion fencing is one of my favorite styles of fencing.
Something so simple, yet useful and beautiful too.
There is a new development in town going in, and the land developers are using gabion fencing around the property.
It looks fantastic!
As we are preparring our garden area for summer crops, there are quite a few larger rocks, so I made up a couple of wire forms. 
We will have miniature gabions and I will use them for plant stands in the garden.

A simple gabion.. wire fencing, and rock fill.
Below is an inspiration picture.
I'll plant up a couple of summer pots and use the top of the gabions for plant stands.
Adding interest in the garden, and using what I have.

8 comments:

  1. Very cool. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

    Take care and be safe.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so cool. How nice to have all of those rocks to fool with and make such interesting things in your garden. I didn't know what that word meant. I am so glad you posted pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your plant stand with the rocks. Very NICE!!
    I've seen that kind of fencing but never knew that was what is was called!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must confess that I've never heard of Gabion fencing, but I sure like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great. I honestly have never seen Gabion fencing around here, but it looks great. Hope things are going well for you and your family. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kerin, your garden will be beautiful. Can't wait to see it..Stay well, my friend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just found your blog, hope you don't mind if I add you! I never saw Gabion fencing, but it is beautiful! Such a great idea with making some plant stands like that! We have lots of rocks on our yard too! Thank you for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those gabion fences! It would be perfect for here as we have rocks everywhere! Thank you for the inspiration and I was just wondering where I was going to put all the rocks. Now I know!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.
It means so much to me, that you've taken a few minutes in your day, to stop by and visit.
I love getting to know you, and having our "chats".
Have a wonderful day.