Sunday

...Blog Hop...

 Hello friends!
It's an exciting time here at Mill Hill Meadow!
A new month has begun, and we are about to embark on Autumn.... my most favorite time of year.
New beginnings.

I begin this month by participating in a "Blog Hop".
I was invited by my blog friend Judy to participate. Judy blogs at http://judyatgoldcountrycottage.blogspot.com/
Judy has an adorable cottage that she shares with her sweet husband. She loves to decorate her cottage and loves home-keeping.  Her Gold Country Cottage is chock full of charm.

 Let me introduce you to three more wonderful bloggers:

The first blogger that I'd like to spotlight, is Kim :  You can link to her blog by clicking the attached link. 
http://fieldofmydreams.blogspot.com/

In Kim's words :
My Field of Dreams is about my garden, my family and my attempts at sewing, wood projects, gardening and just life in general.


 

The second blogger I'd like to spotlight, is Lynne.

Lynne blogs at http://irishgardenhouse.blogspot.com/   Lynne loves Ireland, and first visited in 1998.

She and her husband stayed in an adorable cottage in Bantry Co Cork. She enjoys telling and writing about the stories of her life and photographs. You can count on seeing many pictures of her beautiful gardens and flowers.
 
 { Edited to add Brooke's current blog.... the old blog link got messed up}
The third blogger that I'd like to spotlight, is Brooke:
Brooke is a very special blogger to me; she is our daughter!
Brooke blogs at :
 http://bmashedpotatoes.blogspot.com/



In Brooke's own words :Eclectic, geeky, goofy, and romantic. All good descriptions of who I am and what I like.

In my words, Brooke is an amazing person!! She is brilliant, beautiful, and generous of spirit.
Brooke is a kidney transplant patient!! She had a kidney transplant 11 years ago now, and has not only survived kidney disease, but she has absolutely thrived in every way!

My blog is "Mill Hill Meadow"  is about me,  a reformed home renovator.
 After 20+ years of saving old homes; I have packed up my paint brushes, electrical wire and saws so that I may spend more time enjoying life with my family.
 
My questions and answers follow :
  *1. What am I working on?
 I am working on travelling more, polishing my baking and cooking skills, and reading to my hearts content. Then there's always the new decorating projects. Some habits die harder than others.

*2. How does my work differ from others in its genre?
Let's put it this way. I have been married 27 years, moved 13 times, crawled under and through houses that needed some major loving, and raised 3 children. All of my DIY skills were developed long before DIY was cool. Championing old homes has been my life.


 
*3. Why do I create or write what I do?
I have been a lifelong journal-er, and this is just an extension of that

*4. How does your creative process work?
Instinct and inspiration, and a lot of good luck.
 
I sincerely hope that you will take just a minute, and visit the three bloggers that I have highlighted in this blog hop. 
I'm certain that you will enjoy their sweet blogs.
 
Happy Fallidays Y'all!!

23 comments:

  1. So enjoyed this post and look forward to getting to know three new bloggers. Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for these blog suggestions! I will make it a point to pay them a visit! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post Kerin . . . Thank you for inviting me! My post will be different but that is the n of it all. Off I go to visit the others . . . Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That one word us supposed to be FUN . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kerin. Great post. Even though I know all that stuff about you I enjoy seeing it in print. Thank you for your kind words about me and I will be off to visit the other lovely ladies..Thank you again, my friend..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely and how lovely Brooke is and I love your photos. I didn't know that you have been redoing houses for so long.
    I hope you have a wonderful day today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning, Kerin~

    What a BEAUTIFUL POST! I look forward to stopping by your friend's blogs and getting to know them.

    Blessings!
    Laura

    BTW, your daughter is BEAUTIFUL! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kerin~

    Loved visiting these blogs! Isn't it just so interesting how we all live together in this big wonderful world, and we are all so different . . . yet so much alike!!??

    Your daughter is just beautiful! What an amazing girl - kidney transplant survivor - amazing! I can tell she has a lot of her mamma in her!

    Happy Labor Day - hope your day is full of blessings!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for these blog links. It is wonderful to see a pic of your beautiful daughter. I hope you and the family are enjoying the long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've moved many times too. : ) Nice learning a bit more about you.
    I'll hop on over and visit the blogs you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Karin.
    I am hopping over from Judy's blog..Gold Country Cottage... She nominated me for a blog hop.
    I am following you.. and hope to get to know you.

    Here in Portugal, we also have some warehouses like the ones you have posted. Very interesting.
    Hope to see you over at my blog
    val. Val's Alentejo http://valerietilsten59.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. A sweet post to read and always lovely to meet other great bloggers!! So fun one is your pretty daughter!! I love autumn, too! Wishing you a beautiful week! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, now you have been busy! New name, new look
    and lots going on. I think I am caught up. When did
    you change the blog name?

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your new blog! I'm off to meet new bloggers- have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Karin,
    Blog hopping is fun and I will go now and see the ones you mentioned.
    Nancy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Fallidays to you to my friend. I know, I used to do DIY long before the internet and Pinterest and Blogs. We looked at magazines to get ideas or dreamt up our own and yes...I have years invested in fixing up old homes too. Why couldn't I love new ones? Thank you for pointing out new blogs and bloggers and what a lovely daughter you have! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoyed reading your blog and learning about you and the other bloggers,
    your daughter sounds like an amazing person.
    New follower,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  18. You picked some great blogs to highlight! Your daughter is beautiful. I'm running off to check her out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely... You are such a busy person and love seeing what you are up to.. Your daughter is beautiful and probably as sweet as her Mama.. xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kerin, It's been great visiting on this blog hop!! I have one more to go~~~13 moves in 27 yrs?? Whoa....that makes me tired reading it!! lol! I probably feel that way because of all the work we've done in the last 11 months.....Can I have your energy please? LOVE the look of your header.....old pickups grab my heart~~~Blessings~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  21. I will look forward to visiting these new spots and I just smile at the love of old homes we share. ;) I have a small package waiting to be mailed... I am THE WORST PERSON EVER about getting to the post office... don't give up on me. ;) blessings and hugs ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kerin
    I loved learning more about your life and can't wait to visit the other ladies blogs too.
    Your daughter is an amazing lady!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Blog hops are always fun. Thanks for the new fun blogs to check out. Mimi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.
It means so much to me, that you've taken a few minutes in your day, to stop by and visit.
I love getting to know you, and having our "chats".
Have a wonderful day.